Thursday, June 17, 2010

deepwater corals


"Deep, cool water coral reefs were discovered not too long ago in the Gulf of Mexico.  While coral reefs are generally known to be in warm water locations, like off the coast of Australia, cool water reefs thrive in near freezing temperatures! .......... The Gulf of Mexico cool water coral reef hosts a virtual underwater world of corals, fish, crustaceans and anemones – all of which call the fragile reef home.  It lies only 20 miles northeast of the Deepwater Horizon, blown-out BP oil rig."

(read more of this article at PeachyGreen.com)

(completed shells page)

8 comments:

Suzanne McDermott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne McDermott said...

Hi Kimmie,

Thanks for your comment on the Spirit of the Gulf Challenge. I'll link to your site. I am writing to you now as I overlook St. Joseph Bay on the Gulf of Mexico. You can follow my unfolding experience as I witness the last days before the oil hits at suzannemcdermott.com

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Hello Kimmie,
This is a wonderful site and thank you for sharing images few of us will ever see. What is happeneing in the Gulf right now scares me to death and frustrates me as well because I feel helpless to do anything.
I am now FOLLOWING your blog as it brings a bit of peace over this whole mess in the Gulf. I'd like to extend the invitation to come FOLLOW my blog as well. From one Pacific Northwesterner to another, it would nice to keep track of the goings on...
Most sincereely,
Terry

ale said...

dear kimmie!! your shells page is very very beautifull!!! yesterday at the tea post you choose the word choose...l think you choose to be engagement with nature and life !! the best example to think in a better world!!
...with your beautifull drawings and your words that makes us think...you can make postcards...that can travell along the world!! muchisimos besos kimmie!!!!!!

Catharina Maria said...

You are a great artist Kimmie !
This is beautiful to see for me .
love ♥RINI♥

Jane said...

Beautiful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These shells all look so lovely together. As I've said before, I am in total awe of your talent and your use of watercolors. I am also thrilled that you are continuing this series. It's too bad the big wigs at BP can't read how we all feel about your art.

laurel said...

Beautiful! Your work has such wonderful details.