Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"t" is for thankful

It seems like fall is a good time for feeling cozy and thankful about stuff
(you may still have summer where you live - but there is a definite chill in the air up here)
a good day for snuggling up with some hot cocoa
:)
"snuggle up peppermint" hot cocoa this last day of summer vacation
***
I'm thankful for my T on Tuesday friends ...
Christen sent me this fun package of treasures!
Christen has an amazing gift for precise needlework, beading and art doll creating
 (click here for her blog)

Like this beautiful pansy brooch:


... and Christen must know that I love 
street altered bottle caps
AND
sea turtles


... and that I love a good cuppa ...

Thank you Christen for all the thoughtful gifts and kind wishes!
That was so sweet!

***
I'm also thankful that school starts tomorrow
:)
for some obvious reasons
3 kids and Sweet Husband back to school tomorrow - "ya know I'll miss ya!"
***
I've been thankful for a summer of good reading for all age groups
(check out the titles - there's a couple of funny ones in there)
library books ready to be returned
***
And I'm also thankful that new shoes for 3 kidlets were in the budget
... especially cute ones :)
super cute shoes to be exchanged for a larger size
***
I was even making Halloween and Thanksgiving Day plans with my sister yesterday!
(argh - I know it - who could be planning that far ahead?!?!)

***
I hope your summer has been splendid
I hope the change in seasons is good to you
I hope your days are filled with a sweet kind of fulness
and
thank you for stopping by today!

***
please also visit my other T friends listed in my sidebar
they're a sweet bunch!


13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful gift you received from Christen. That bottle cap is priceless, as is the brooch.

It's still hot here, but I'm glad to hear it's better where you are. Have a wonderful (and thankful) Tea Tuesday. I'm sure thankful you started this. You are the perfect hostess and that makes it so much fun to play each week.

Terri Kahrs said...

Kimmie, it's a bit too warm here to even think of hot chocolate, but cooler weather is just around the corner. Love Christen's goodie package - so full of beautiful and meaningful treasures. Thank you for sharing! And I adore those little plaid sneakers!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

ale said...

hola kimmie!!!! l like your t thanks a lot!!!!with the budgets,the books,the lovely present!!! l hope you feel more better!!!!! a big kiss fotr your kids in the first day school!! and an enormous kiss to you kimmie!!!!besos!!

Annette Q said...

Hi Kimmie, I know what you mean about the weather...thats what its like here in Gibraltar. Its that September feeling and the longing to wear those lovely knitted jumpers, along with a cup of hot chocolate of course! ;-)

*jean* said...

what a sweet package you received!! and those shoes...do they come in big girl sizes?? adorable...i have 3 boys here today, building, playing and riding bikes...school starts tomorrow here too...yay! happy t tuesday, dear kimmie!!

Dianne said...

Such nice gifties... and those shoes are so cute....

Nancy said...

Love your posts, as always :)
I love the fall and kids going back to school--back to normal :)
I'm late posting and in a hurry, so will go visit the other blogs later tonight.

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely post full to the brim with good things and thoughtful gifts!
Change is in the air, altho it still got pretty warm here ... nights are at least cooling down some.
Enjoy some YOU time when everyone goes back to school!
oxo

Lynn Cohen said...

Loverly gifts...delightful kid stuff. Did/am have/ing a good summer. Look forward to fall.

BadPenny said...

Lovely post Kimmie though sadly I can only see the first & last pics- cute shoes !
I love September - I'm feeling refreshed after a bad summer ( for me )
I'm making plans too for autumn get togethers & can't wait for my T'ai Chi class to start again ( later today !!! )
Happy days x

Steph said...

Happy T Kimmie!! and enjoy your day!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmie- Glad you enjoyed the goodies, and a big thank you for being our hostess! Glad that school is back in session too! Happy T! Hugs Christen

Caterina Giglio said...

great summer, just feels a bit short, hoping for a golden sunny autumn to give me time to feel ready for snow and ice!! and what great treasures from Christen... love your feelings of gratitude, I can really FEEL it!!