Friday, September 2, 2016

how I spent my summer vacation

In between doing other things like:
camping in the rain (bracing!)
working as shop girl full time (not fun!)
sleep study for my youngest (adventure!)
a baseball game (love!)
first one leaving home for college  (wow!)
I made lots of crowns
(There are 9 in this picture, but 3 sold, so 11 crowns!)

Yesterday I posted about Rest.
Nothing is as restful to me as creating something ... and for whatever reason, it's crowns these days.


I start with a can that sparks my imagination  and from there the crown reveals itself. I've learned not to over think it and just create. Bending, hammering, piercing, soldering. It's like going for a walk and turning down this road and then that road until you arrive back home.


(The 2 crowns above are what I made  yesterday)

8 comments:

Ms. said...

These are just wonderful!

Elizabeth said...

They are fantastic!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That's the way I walk -- wandering up and down and all around. Your crowns are lovely.

I settled my youngest in at college this summer.

Just me, hubby and the cat at home now.

Bittersweet and a bit strange.

CraftyHope said...

Oh wow. . .these are fabulous! Such eye candy inspiration. Thank you for being so generous as to share your talent with us!

My name is Erika. said...

I love those crowns. And sounds like you've had a busy summer!

~*~Patty S said...

It is a delight to visit you Kimmie!
magical crowns ... summer adventures ... emptying and filling the nest ... your still life of found treasures is beautiful
Happy September Days to you oxo
p.s. I have a handful of chair spindles from a bokkity chair that had to go but I ended up pulling out a few of the loose pieces and what is it about lunaria that always calls us ♥

Unknown said...

Thank you Patty for the plant ID! I found this sample on a walk but had no idea what it was :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Patty for the plant ID! I found this sample on a walk but had no idea what it was :)