Thursday, September 25, 2014

more dahlias

using more of the dahlia prints I came up with another little assemblage


"He attempted to explain apologetically with flowers. 41"

I'm poking fun at that eons old romantic tension we all know so well.


It's the word "attempted" that sets the scene here. Who exactly "he" is doesn't really matter because you all know what I mean. The lame apology accompanied by some token or pennance - while we stand in a place of power - assessing its worth. We are usually the better communicators and "he" is left grasping at straws (or flowers) trying to get back into our good graces. It really isn't much of a fair fight is it?


About the number 41:
I find myself adding numbers to almost all of my work. It's fascinating to me. For instance, number 41 a super singular prime number, a Sophie Germaine prime, a Newman-Shanks-Williams prime, an Eisenstein Prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form 3n-1. It could also refer to a Psalm, a Sonnet, a Dave Matthews song, or a president.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pieces. The scratching on the photos adds so much. xox

Gberger said...

Very, very pretty work. You are always original - and your work is refreshing!

*jean* said...

I love it when you go here....beautiful work, dear kim xo

Jill said...

Um...you lost me on your prime number list. Maybe I should google. :) And, not admit so often the things I do not know.