Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Little Gem

Inchy by Inch is a fun challenge blog (here) that's all about inchies and twinchies. This inchie is for this week's challenge using a triple embossing technique (here). I'm not a huge fan of embossing anymore, because it gives me a headache - literally - it IS melted plastic after all. But I was compelled to try this because they turn out like little gems. For this one I used white embossing powder, Ranger Alcohol Inks and a gold edging pen. 

And, yes, I use proper ventilation - but I still get a headache. I don't think it's very earth (or people) friendly, so when I run out, I run out.

10 comments:

Fiona said...

Kimmie - what a gorgeous inchy - I love the jewelled effects of it. I was surprised to read that it gives you a headace cause I must be honest I've never had any ill effects from using embossing powders. I wonder if it makes a difference which you use.

Unknown said...

Maybe so .... except shrinky dinks give me a headache too - I must be hypersensitive to odors :)

ooglebloops said...

I just watched a tutorial yesterday on the on FB - by Spotted Sparrow? It is metal embossing with powders? It was interesting - but I was wondering about the smell using a heat gun! Yours is very cool!!!

Genie said...

Lovely inchy

Robin said...

Love your jewel of an inchy!

Take Care - Robin

Susie Dally said...

This is just great-never thought of using the technique on an inchie-singed fingers-I bet.

Dragon said...

OOO yummy colours. So pleased you joined in, even if you get headaches!!
Cheers
xx

Linda Vincent said...

It really is a little gem - I'm going to have a go at this tomorrow! (I'll have the paracetamol ready).
XX

K J D said...

This is wonderful.... shame about the headache:( but it is a great inchie.... I love the colour.

Timaree said...

I worry about all the powder I had flying around (should have used more ink under it) but never thought about fumes. I'll have to be careful around my granddaughter who has asthma. Thanks for the head's up. Your inchie came out really pretty though!