Monday, March 2, 2009

365 days in a year

art in red wagons is one year old!


I'm taking a leap and starting another blog tomorrow - in celebration! I really feel like there's something to celebrate here in bloggerland - artistic growth, personal growth, friendship, challenges, possibilities, inspiration, support, feedback ..... the list goes on.

In this past year, I've rediscovered my love of writing. I'm hoping to grow in this coming year by committing to keeping up my new writing blog: words on paper scraps. It will be a less colorful but simpler, calmer, more serene place to visit - and I hope you DO visit it! My posting energy will most likely start out slow. I'm hoping to post something at least twice a week (starting with a special piece about tea and other things tomorrow). 

I also have a little birthday gift as a giveaway. If you leave a comment on tomorrow's 1st post at words on paper scraps - I may be picking your name out of a hat for the below pictured 4X6 piece "Friendship Windows" (described in this earlier post).


I have so appreciated my new friends here. You know I love your blog as much as you love mine ;) ..... isn't it fun to look forward to another year together?

11 comments:

ELK said...

this will be a wonderful project I am sure of it! I enjoy having my 2nd one too...i try to keep it low key! ELK

Robin said...

Congrats on your blogaversary!

*jean* said...

ooo yeah!!! i can't wait to see your new blog too!! i popped over and i LOVE the blk/white!! can't wait to see what happens there! i am one year old this month too!! isn't life grand???

Odd Chick said...

Happy Birthday!! a whole year of giving and sharing your special gifts with the world. I so look forward to your insightful writings!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday and I'm so looking forward to the new blog/new project! I've loved visiting and look forward to more!

Christy said...

YEAH!! One year, huh? Boy, how time flies when you're having fun. :) Not sure that I am commenting on time to enter the drawing, but still wanted to take a minute to celebrate with you. Vacation has left me MIA, but headed home soon, and that means back to my paper, ink, pens, stamps, paint......:)

Seth said...

Congratulations on one year!! That is so great. And I am sure your second blog will be as great as this one. I am headed over there now!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 1 year!! And also on joining the "I have a 2nd blog" club!!!!
BTW, are you having any success with your Etsy shoppe?

Rosie said...

Happy blog birthday, Kimmie - been there, done that on your 'other' blog!! =)

Jan said...

Congratulations and happy birthday to Art in Redwagons! I know I have grown, thanks!

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.