Today is "tea on tuesday," but I just wasn't much in the mood for tea.
It's Hot Cocoa instead.
This morning I got to thinking about my blog(s), what does it all mean to me, why do I do it, and the evolution of it all.
I guess what got the wheels turning was listening to the radio while driving around this morning. KUOW is our local NPR station and this mornings guests were local women with food blogs. They were talking about blogging and the weirdness of it, the love of it, the compulsion of it, the community of it, the evolution of it.
Oh it's just so sweet!
Maybe it's weird taking pictures of tea, spiderwebs, summer flowers, art and other homemade things .... but it's all for love.
And the result?
evolution (aka personal growth)
community (aka friendships)
Sweetness like this Hot Cocoa:
(recipe is from Jamie Oliver "The Naked Chef")
- Put some milk on to boil (but don't boil it)
- Add 1 tablespoon each of cocoa powder and sugar to a mug.
- Pour some of the milk, at the "warm" stage, in the mug to dissolve the cocoa and sugar.
- Plop in a marshmallow or two.
- At the "almost boiling" stage, froth the rest of the milk with a whisk.
- Pour into your mug, being careful to spoon the froth in over the top of it all.
Please visit these other lovely bloggers for their tea on tuesday: