Friday, March 24, 2017

inchie swap


Last day to sign up: April 1st
Deadline to mail inchies out: April 20th
Date inchies are mailed back to you: May 1st

The theme is:
One Word Affirmations (or encouragements)
Try choosing words that finish this sentence: 
"you are ........"

***

Guidelines:

- Must be one inch square

- Use media of your choice or mixed media
(collage, paint, pen, stamping, etc)

- Include a one word affirmation
(book text, typing, stamping, handwriting, etc)

- Please mount on tagboard or mat board

- Finished edges are preferred 
(use sharpie, gold leaf pen, paint, etc)

- Honor yourself and others with your best effort

- Sign the back

- Please let me know if it's ok/not ok to publish your inchies on this blog, on Instagram, or on my FB page

How it works:
You will send me 12 inchies and I will send 12 back to you from a pool of players. You will receive one of your inchies back plus 11 more from other people.

Last day to mail to me is April 20th.
Include $3 in cash or stamps for the return trip.
I will reuse the bubble mailer you send them in.

Questions?
Reply right here in the comments
Message me on Facebook
Message me on Etsy
Or email me at: 
artinred44 (at) gmail (dot) com 


18 comments:

Jill said...

I've never done one of these before and I'm excited for it. So if I got really attached to one word I could use the same word in all 12 inchies? Since each one will go to a different person? Is it okay if there is some dimension to them?

6279 said...

I'm in Canada - And I'm a keen and crazy altered art gal - Can I get in on this? WOuld provide additional $$ to cover needed postage.
Mary

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like fun. I miss being able to mail things properly. The postal system in this country is renowned for being very slow and for losing things.

cjsrq said...

Looking forward to this!

Unknown said...

Using the same word is just fine! And yes, dimension is fabulous! Thanks Jill!!!

Unknown said...

That would be fine Mary - perhaps you could allow for the postal delay and get them to me sooner than the 15th? That would be great!

Unknown said...

That's too bad!! 😯

Unknown said...

So glad you can play!!

Anonymous said...

These are so cool.! What a fun swap! xox

A Place To Call My Own said...

Hey Kim! I was just telling someone how much I missed you and your art. I would love to play! I am fasting from FB for awhile but I still have the messenger app so I will message you later.

Grace!
Tammy Whitney

denisemichelle said...

I'm in! Can't wait!! I've done a swap before with inspirational quotes on altered playing cards (52 is a LOT!). Thanks for facilitating the swap!

6279 said...

Thanks!
Can you please e-mail me the address to mail them to? my e-mail is newmary6279@gmail.com

In anticipation I've already started in my set of inchies and am having marvelous fun!

Mary

susan hemann said...

I would love to join!

bobbie said...

I haven't made Inchies in ages... please sign me up!

Unknown said...

Got you down Denise!

Unknown said...

Got you down! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I emailed you today Mary! Thanks!

bobbie said...

My Inchies are about half done ~ I'm having a last with them!!!
Brushos, stamps, beads, gems and flowers ~