Monday, January 16, 2017

stitch a story

I finished my stitching project begun yesterday

Well, begun by ME yesterday

This was actually in the making for almost a hundred years - right?


It's a photograph from my collection of adopted and anonymous people.

Aren't these women amazing?

I wonder what their story was?
It seems to include great hats.


Ingredients:
Vintage handmade lace
Vintage buttons with thread attached 
Vintage metal embroidery hoop
Vintage anonymous photo
Teabag paper and thread

5 comments:

Jill said...

"Thumbs up" and a "red heart" if I were on Instagram.

Jeanne-Sylvie said...

You have a gift to create beauty, through your pictures, your words or your other creations, thanks for sharing! Be well.

Caterina Giglio said...

wonderful, love this and I have been drawn to buttons lately.. hmmmm

~*~Patty S said...

They ARE indeed rocking their hats!
Love every single stitch and detail and brilliant use of those great metal embroidery hoops too dear Kimmie!
The tea bag paper speaks to me too.
oxo

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Really so beautiful. I love old photos.