... handmade, creative, and unique business cards ...
I was running low on business cards and thought I'd make my own. This is how I did it:
1. On watercolor (or some other heavyweight) paper, collage miscellaneous paper scraps and apply a thin coat of gesso over all. I used various book pages and a map. (Beware of magazine paper which will sometimes peel off later.)
2. Apply two or three colors of paint using splatters, bubble wrap, stamps, etc for varied texture and effect. I stamped aqua, used bubble wrap to apply ochre, and splattered white.
3. Add stamps. I chose fish stamps and used a dark blue and a dark green ink.
4. Print your information using a label template to position everything uniformly on the page. Adhere to the back of your collage paper. Cut into desired business card size using a paper trimmer or xacto knife. (I like the moo card size which is something like 1x2.5)
5. Add finishing touches ... For example, I added more stamping to blank areas, finished the edges with a gold leaf pen, and adhered a piece of text to each card.
I love the feel of these - they're heavy and ask ever so politely to please be kept and not tossed - "I was made with love, so treat me well"
Each one is a miniature collage and piece of art.