Monday, August 6, 2012

the "pause that refreshes"


no tea today

:)



I'm going to be taking a blog break for a little while
summer life with my family is taking up all of my time

*

I'll post my photos here and there
(like I've been doing)
but the next 2 weeks look totally crazy

I'll also make the rounds and visit folks
... my favorite late night wind down activity :)

*

here's a beautiful song I wanted to share
it's only 3 minutes - you'll be glad you took the time - sip your tea and listen along:


Sonnet 18
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate;
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date;
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
-William Shakespeare

14 comments:

Ms. said...

I'm also going on a blog break come Thursday---two weeks with friends in the country---that David Gilmore was just what I needed tonight, I'm stealing and passing it on with gratitude.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Well that was a lovely song to start my day with. You enjoy these next two weeks with your family. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

Neesie said...

If I say I'm not happy about you leaving even for a short time would it make any difference??? Might you stay???
Nah...I didn't think so.
Have a wonderful break and I'll just sit here with my cuppa and enjoy that beautiful song until you return...Have fun! :D

~*~Patty S said...

Thank you for sharing the lovely song and I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer...it has a way of moving along so quickly

Happy Tuesday dear Kimmie!
oxo

Jill said...

Enjoy the time away!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Have a great blog break. I look forward to lots of photos when you return.

Here's my tea post, but you may already be gone:

http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2012/08/london-style-tea.html

Anonymous said...

I love the Coke sign-my youngest daughter is doing a project with Coke. You will be so missed. Thanks for the song-I couldn't make it through without tears. Take care and be blessed!

sukipoet said...

have a refreshing pause. summer is too short to spend in front of a keyboard.

Teri said...

Kimmie...I love David Gilmour!! He is one of my absolute favorites. He is a phenomenal guitar player too. And this floating studio???!!! OMG...what a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes life just gets in the way, doesn't it!! Enjoy your time away. I know that I am blogging less these days too. Just too busy lately.

Yvonne said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely song. Hope your little break is a good one. Mine???... it's been a little crazy! I'm ready for things to settle down.

Annie Cholewa said...

Have a wonderful summer break x

Tracey FK said...

enjoy the last few weeks of Summer break and love love love the bike pic from the last post.... can't wait to see what you come up with while you are taking your break...xx

Caterina Giglio said...

enjoy your break! x

JoZart Designs said...

Beautiful post with the added joy and pleasure of the video of David Gilmour. Quite a way from Pink Floyd to Shakespeare but what a move! I saw the house boat studio on a TV programme some time ago... what a setting.
Enjoy your family and your break...
JoZarty x