I've been keeping up my journal pretty consistently
... which is unusual for me.
I have loads of started journals
and not one single completed one.
I think I'm on a roll with a method that works for me.
Basically it goes like this
(and this technique I learned from Willowing and Friends "Art, Heart and Healing"):
- write a two page spread in pencil - thoughts that need to get out
- on a separate piece of paper record the gist of what you wrote
- gesso over the pencil, lightly or heavily, depending on how revealing you want to be
- collage, doodle, paint, etc. over the gessoed part
- write in the bit you wrote that was a summation of those original thoughts
Because of the personal thoughts included in my journal
(which is as it should be)
I'm only showing you bits and pieces of it.
I hope to inspire you to have a place you can write down your hopes and dreams and fears and worries.
There is something good about putting those thoughts to paper
finding the beauty in them
and then keeping them secret.