I started with basting the watercolor patches to my muslin:
The watercolors are from my sketchbook over the summer
(posts labeled: oil spill series)
I used a "light fabric transfer paper" (Avery brand) that I just ran through my inkjet.
I scanned all of the original watercolors first
and flipped them to mirror image before running the transfer paper through the printer.
I must say that I am very pleased with the quality of the transfer ...
... and the ease of the transfer process
- easy peasy -
I dyed the muslin scraps with tea
(green tea, black tea and hibiscus tea to get the different colors)
and have started stitching them between the images
this is where it's really getting fun
it's just so peaceful to do handstitching
very similar to knitting
pick it up
put it down
stitch and think
think and stitch
thanks for looking :)