Tuesday, February 16, 2010

T and h2o

Today's T is hosted by Patty at Magpie's Nest.
The theme she chose for today is "water."
Water is of course the main ingredient in a good cup of tea :)
... and a good bowl of oatmeal!
***
Aren't we blessed to have so many choices for clean water?
I choose tap water over bottled water ....
but my tap water comes from here:
Mount Pilchuck Washington
(photo courtesy of wikipedia)

When I lived in Southern Calif. the water came from -?- and it tasted like chlorine - ewwww!
Here in Washington, my water comes from the Cascade Mountains. I know this for sure, because my house participates in the yearly water testing done by the city. The street I live on and north of there is all mountain water. The next street over and south of there is city water from Everett. I feel so blessed to be on the mountain water side of things!

Happy T and h2o!
Please visit Patty's blog for the tea party today!

11 comments:

*jean* said...

o how wonderful, mountain water! we have city water here but a beautiful, deep well at our camper....the water there is cold, clear and delicious!

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

ahhhh water, refreshing, cool, cleansing...
what a precious comodity!

thanks for sharing that...I suddenly need a drink!

ciao
kit
carmelina

ale said...

hola kimmie!!!! you have the fortune of drinking that water from the tapppp!!!lucky girl!!happy and healthy!!!!!!!muchos besos kimmie!!

apronstringsandothertiesthatbind said...

Mmmmm, I love oatmeal...and tea...and water. Your water sounds wonderful! Living only 100 ft above sea level we aren't quite as blessed. Ours has that familiar chlorine taste so I resort to bottled.

Happy tea day.

oxo Judy

apronstringsandothertiesthatbind said...

Mmmmm, I love oatmeal...and tea...and water. Your water sounds wonderful! Living only 100 ft above sea level we aren't quite as blessed. Ours has that familiar chlorine taste so I resort to bottled.

Happy tea day.

oxo Judy

1creativeone said...

I bet your tea tastes really good with that fresh mountain water! happy T to you Kimmie!

Poetic Artist said...

Water AHH..I do wonder how good that tea is with your water. Yumm.

ELK said...

it is all in the water..creative theme for a favored day!!

Elizabeth said...

Lucky you to get that clean, clear-tasting water! The water here in Los Angeles is certainly clean, but it does taste a bit like chlorine. We filter it, now, and it's fine. Great tea post!

bad penny said...

when we lived in Mallorca the town water was awful but when we moved to a village under a mountain it was wonderful & people came to a spring to fill up their plastic bottles for free. We take water for granted don't we ?

Chriss Rollins said...

those flowers and plants in your window remind me of my gran she made the best cup of tea always in a china cup...it just tastes so different.

thanks for the memories.
chriss x